- This event has passed.
Trauma Informed Crisis Response (TIC) for Paraprofessionals
September 27 @ 11:00 am
This training will provide insight for interacting with individuals and communities experiencing a mental health crisis and identifying the appropriate referral resources. Provided as an overview of Trauma Informed Care (TIC), the different types of traumas, and the continuum of mental, emotional, behavioral, and cognitive trauma reactions after a crisis.
- Understand the key principles of a trauma-informed approach to crisis care.
- Understand the appropriate supports and interventions, for individuals and communities to overcome traumatic experiences.
- Increase awareness of personal and professional attitudes about death, loss and separation which may influence the effectiveness of peer support practice, and personal self-care.
- Increase one?s knowledge and understanding of suicide; recognize warning signs, identify risk and protective factors, increase willingness and ability to intervene with a person at risk for suicide.
- Describe and Define Standards of Care & Ethics.
- Identify Ethical IssuesUnderstand and apply Mission, and Ethics Statements for Behavioral Health Care Centers
Presented by: Bianca D. McCall, LMFT
Continuing Education Units: 25 CEUs total6 Ethics CEU’s approved for Nevada Certification Board for PRSS, PRSS-S, and CHW