Healthy Communities Coalition (HCC) serves as a neutral convener and a backbone organization with a collective impact resulting from strategies that promote health and wellness and improve behavioral health outcomes. Our Comprehensive Community Prevention Plan serves as an integrated prevention framework with strategies for the implementation of data-driven and evidence-based approaches. We use multiple strategies because no single strategy or program can move a community level indicator. Positive community change comes about through a collective impact when all sectors, including community members of all ages and diverse organizations, work together on common goals.
HCC recognizes what it takes to build a healthy community:
- Innovation grounded in evidence
- Partnerships across non-profit, education, health care, and local government sectors, among others
- Commitment to all residents having an opportunity to lead their healthiest lives.
HCC supports residents of the region in managing their own health choices and shares accurate information to insure they can make the best decisions for their own health in the short-term and long-term. This Plan is a “living document” that can be adapted to changing circumstances if needed.
- Work in our Coalition includes:
- Radical open-mindedness
- Evolving and dynamic multi-sector partnerships
- Prevention first approach
- Data-driven decision-making
- Collective Enoughness: working together on common goals across sectors for lasting, positive collective impact
Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties is a grassroots-based partnership whose vision is to mobilize, share, and collaborate for healthy communities for all to grow, live and learn.
Our mission is to strive to promote and support sustainable, culturally inclusive prevention services, community initiatives, and capacity building systems that address all factions of a healthy community for all members.