Seeking School-Based Social Workers
Request for Applications School-Based Social Worker Lyon County, NV
Description of Role:
We are looking to hire a motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the position of school-based Social Worker/Safe Schools Professional in Fernley Nevada.
The Social Worker/Safe School Professional is responsible for coordinated treatment and the support and implementation of school based mental health systems at the school site. The Social Worker/Safe School Professional will work to directly impact and increase academic outcomes by addressing barriers to education that exist within the child, school, home, or community. The professional provides mental and behavioral health services, assessments, referrals, education, family engagement, support groups for students, and programs that promote a supportive school climate.
- Compensation is $22.50-$45.00 per hour and requires a minimum BSW degree, with LCSW preferred. Position is Grant funded and is not guaranteed.
- Full time (100% FTE): 160 hours annual PTO
Knowledge and Abilities:
- The position requires a minimum bachelor’s degree in social work, but preferably Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Work closely with school counselor and staff to ensure coordination and wrap around services for students and families
- Work with school-based leadership to strengthen and support implementation of MTSS
- Provide behavioral and mental health services
- Provide assessments
- Provide referrals to partner agencies
- Family engagement through referrals, school and community events
- Support groups for students
- Participation in partner meetings
- Participation in school based MTSS, PBIS teams and MDT
Email resume’ to Wendy Madson