Recipe: Asian Style Yams
- 2 to 2-1/2 pound Yam, peeled and cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes (6 cups) Shape Asian style sweet potatoes?
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced?
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil ?
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ?
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper ?
- 3 cup broccoli florets ?
- 1/3 cup water?
- 1/3 cup almond butter?
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice ?
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce ?
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic ?
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger ?
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper ?
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted?
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or pecans, toasted?
Wash and dice yams. Preheat the oven to 425?F. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, onion, oil, salt, and pepper; toss the mixture to coat.?
Divide the mixture among two 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pans. Roast on two separate racks, uncovered, for 15 minutes. ?
Add the broccoli to pans. Roast10 minutes more or until vegetables are browned and tender. ?
Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the water, almond butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper until smooth. ?
Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a serving platter. Drizzle with the dressing. Step 6 Sprinkle with toasted coconut and chopped nuts?
Food Assistance (SNAP):
A federally funded program to help low-income families buy nutritious food from authorized retailers, also known as ?Food Stamps? or ?Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program?.