Be a Hero Fun Run & Family Fair
April 29 2023 at 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
600 Marsh Rd Carson City, NV 89701
BE A CHILD’S HERO! In honor of National Child Abuse Prevention Month, CASA of Carson City and partnering agencies are proud to present the first BE A HERO FUN RUN & FAMILY FAIR.
Join us for a 5k Run, 5k Walk, or 2.5K Walk on April 29, 2023, at Riverview Park in Carson City. The course is on a level, graded dirt loop surrounded by nature and away from the crowds! Wear a cape or dress like your favorite superhero to signify your fight against child abuse! The best-voted outfit wins a PRIZE!
We welcome participants of all ages! Registration is $30 for walkers and runners. Walkers who register by 3/1/23 can particpate fo FREE! (NO T-Shirt or Finisher bag included in FREE option)
A Family Resource fair will also be underway that is free to enter and requires no registration.
Registration DEADLINE: 4/13/2023
- Registration DEADLINE: 4/13/2023
- Packet Pick Up: 4/29/23, 9 AM @ Riverview Park
- Runners Start: 10 AM
- Walkers Start: 10:30 AM
- Family Resource Fair: 10 AM to 1 PM
Located at the very east-end of Fifth Street, Riverview Park is a 109-acre natural scenic park with wetlands and a network of trails that extend to the banks of the Carson River and connect with the Mexican Ditch and Empire Ranch Trails. Many paved trails traverse the area, including a generally flat 1.6-mile course. 5k runners/walkers will complete the loop 2 times. 2.5k walkers will complete the loop once.
- Parking is located at 600 Marsh Rd next to the Korean War Veterans Memorial Park.
- Overflow parking is available on the residential streets just adjacent to the park.
WHAT TO BRING
- Please wear properly fitted running/walking attire and shoes.
- Please check the local forecast leading up to the event to accommodate warm or cold weather running.
- WEAR A CAPE OR SUPERHERO OUTFIT. THE BEST OUTFIT WINS A PRIZE!
- Strollers are permitted for walkers.
- No dogs please.
If your agency serves children and or families in any capacity, you are welcome to host a resource table from 10 am to 1pm. This will be a fun day in hopefully the sun where families can learn about resource in their community while raising awareness against the fight of childhood abuse!
To get involved, Please email: