Healthy Communities Coalition of Lyon and Storey Counties is looking to hire a motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the position of FASTT Community Health Worker (CHW) in Yerington Nevada.
Forensic Assessment Services Triage Team (FASTT) is a multi-disciplinary team that provides in-reach case management and supports to incarcerated individuals with services that include evidence-based behavioral health and risk/needs screening and assessments, educational groups, medical referrals, and reentry service plan development. FASTT collaboratively develops individualized service plans with inmates to enhance connection to identified community service providers with the intent of continuing services without interruption upon release.
The Community Health Worker is responsible for professionally interacting with Lyon County Sheriff’s jail staff and Lyon County Human Services’ Case Manager to work toward reducing the risk of recidivism, increase accountability monitoring, and support inmate stabilization to improve quality of life of the inmate and those impacted by their incarceration.
Pay: Compensation is a contract position at $17.00 per hour
Part time (.50 FTE): 18-20 hours per week with the potential to increase to full time position through additional Community Health Worker focus at Healthy Communities’ Yerington Food Pantry.
Knowledge and Abilities:
The position requires a High School Diploma, or GED and preferably CHW Certification, will train promising candidate
Work closely with case manager and jail staff to ensure coordination and implementation of program deliverables
• Professionally interact with Lyon County Sheriff’s jail staff
• Facilitate person-centered approach conversation in completing FASTT intakes, which may include evidence-based screenings
• Communicate any immediate client concerns to specified jail staff, followed by notifying FASTT case manager and FASTT coordinator
• Provide FASTT case manager and/or FASTT coordinator with completed intake/screening forms and consents, no visit list and reason, and all FASTT related documents
• Conduct appropriate referrals, follow ups, and documented outcomes
• Assist case manager with implementation of client’s Service Map and Service Plan development with client and FASTT members
• Document all contacts and outcomes timely in reporting system and/or on forms as identified by FASTT coordinator